Kinro's Insulated Glass Limited Warranty
- Subject to conditions and restrictions set forth herein, Kinro warranties to the original home owner of its insulated glass units against material visual obstruction due to film formation or dust collection on the interior glass surfaces resulting exclusively from failure of the hermetic seal due to defective materials or workmanship or by means other than glass breakage. The unit is not warranted against glass breakage. Condensation on the interior (room side) of the glass is not a defect in the glass but the result of excessive humidity in the room.
- The warranty is for a period of five (5) years from the date of original retail purchase, by the original retail purchaser of the manufactured home. Each unit will have a permanently stamped manufacture date on the spacer inside the unit. A replacement unit of glass will be supplied for failed units under warranty without charge. The warranty period for any replaced insulated glass unit will be the remaining unexpired portion of the original warranty period for the insulated glass unit.
- Except as stated in Kinro Product Limited Warranty, Kinro shall not be liable for costs of removal or reinstallation of said defective lite of glass, nor any costs or expenses relating to other activities necessary in finishing the reinstallation or damage or loss to other property. Kinro shall not be liable for any other incidental or consequential damages.
- This warranty does not apply to units installed in ships, vehicles or commercial refrigeration, or in non-vertical positions. It will not apply to units damaged in handling or installation, nor to those not installed in strict compliance with the glazing instructions provided by Kinro or accepted construction practices.
- This warranty shall be voided if the unit is subjected to abnormal stresses from the load application of heat, excessive vibration, building or foundation movement, or when provisions have not been made in accordance with sound practices for adequate expansion or contraction of framing members, application of films to the interior pane of glass, or use of cleansing solution which attacks unit seal, or if glazed with materials which do not remain resilient for the life of the warranty, or if glazed with materials which are incompatible with the unit sealant, or if methods and materials used in glazing the unit do not completely repel water for the life of the warranty. Kinro reserves the right to inspect, in the field, any unit which is allegedly defective.
- Upon discovery of a defect or problem with a Kinro product, please e-mail Kinro at
. The written notice should include name, address, description of defect or problem, original purchase date, date on glass unit, description of window unit, serial number, location of product, and where you can be reached during business hours.
- The warranties set forth herein are in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied. All implied warranties of fitness and merchantability are limited to the term of this warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
Kinro's Product Limited Warranty
This warranty is honored for a period of one year from the date of original retail purchase by the original retail purchaser or eighteen(18) months from date of delivery to the manufacturer or dealer by Kinro, whichever occurs first.
Kinro warrants the product sold pursuant to this Warranty to be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use only when installed and maintained in accordance with Kinro's instructions and used for its intended purpose. This Warranty is extended only to the original retail purchaser. In the case of defect, Kinro will repair or replace any defective product free of charge or return the original purchase price, provided the claim procedures as set forth in this Warranty are followed.
This Warranty does not cover breakage of glass or torn screening. The warranty on any Kinro product furnished as a replacement for a Kinro product will be limited to the balance of the time remaining on the warranty on the original product. Kinro assumes the responsibility and liability under this Warranty for repair or replacement of the defective product only and shall not be responsible for any incidental, consequential, or special damages resulting from any defect in a Kinro product or failure of a Kinro product to conform with this warranty or any implied warranty existing under the law.
The remedy provided for in this warranty shall be the sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of this warranty as well as for any breach of any implied warranty existing under the law. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This Warranty is in lieu of all other representations and express warranties. All implied warranties, if any, existing under the law are limited in duration to the period of this Warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
In the event any Kinro product sold pursuant to this Warranty is put to a commercial rental, or other non-personal, non-family or non-household use by the original retail purchaser, then all implied warranties existing under the law are expressly negated, particularly in such event Kinro negates the implied warranty of merchantability and the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.
- Claim Procedures
Upon discovery of a defect or problem with a Kinro product, please e-mail Kinro, Inc. at
. The written notice should include name, address, description of defect or problem, make of unit, serial number, location of product and where you can be reached during business hours. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.